Sitecore Experience Edge will be released in early 2021. It is a global, flexible, and intelligent content delivery service that's part of Sitecore's Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
Content delivery at scale. That’s one benefit of Sitecore Experience Edge. It's flexibility and speed allow marketers and developers to deliver headless content at-scale to any channel and device, from mobiles and tablets to wearables, and (IoT) devices.
Getting the right content, to the right people, at the right time, on the right channel and device is essential in maintaining brand relevance, gaining competitive advantage, establishing customer loyalty, and driving conversions.
Sitecore Experience Edge can do this. It can meet demand to any channel.
It's designed to deliver unique digital experiences at an atomic level, at speed, without the burden of architectural complexities.
Using Sitecore Edge, development teams can improve content delivery using JAMstack architecture options for its initial availability for Sitecore Experience Manager (XM) and Content Hub. This means that digital experiences are pre-rendered using flexible and modern frameworks. Marketers, meanwhile, can plan, deliver, and measure content using a variety of powerful tools.
Sitecore Edge delivery options
With Sitecore Edge, anything is publishable from Content Hub or XM. All items can be viewed and actioned in real-time on any channel. And with Sitecore's Global GraphQL API, syncing and copying content is a thing of the past.
- Content Hub: Sitecore Edge delivery for Content Hub enables marketers to deliver on-demand atomic content to any channel through high performing GraphQL APIs
- Experience Manager: Sitecore Edge delivery for XM allows marketers to publish static Sitecore JSS sites, while also delivering content to headless sites in real time
Sitecore Experience Edge provides customers additional ways to deliver superior experiences, enable options for JAMstack architecture across Sitecore XM and Content Hub...
Tom De Ridder, CTO, Sitecore
Deployment and management options
In addition to SaaS, Sitecore will also offer the 'traditional' deployment and management model. There are several on-premises and cloud deployment and management options available:
- You manage it
- It's co-managed (Sitecore/your Sitecore partner and you)
- Sitecore manages it for you
- Your Sitecore partner manages it for you
Summary of benefits
- Headless delivery of atomic content
- Content centralisation
- Can meet demand to any device and channel
- Highly scalable delivery platform
- Flexible content modelling
- Collaborative workflows
- Content at speed means higher conversions
- Flexible and intuitive
- Leveraging JAMStack architecture reduces cost, complexity, and risk of dynamic servers as critical infrastructure
- GraphQL can be used by applications directly without connectors
- Available for Sitecore XM and Content Hub
- Various deployment and management options
Sitecore Experience Edge is one of several Sitecore releases in 2021. If you're thinking about Sitecore as your preferred platform, or already run it and are looking for an upgrade or guidance on using its features, get in touch.
For more information on Sitecore Edge download the FAQ sheet.